Don’t replace your favorite sofa or chair!
Trust Al’s Absolute Best Restoration and Cleaning to get your upholstery deep down clean and fresh, bringing back the vibrant colors and beauty.
Upholstered furniture uses more varied materials and methods of manufacture than carpet. A single cleaning process will not work on all upholstered furniture. Special considerations such as color fastness and dimensional stability of the fabric must be determined. At Al’s, we will provide the cleaning process that’s right for your particular upholstered fabric. The experts at Al’s can restore the beauty and extend the life of your favorite upholstered furniture.
Our Upholstery Steam Cleaning Process
Al’s Absolute Best Restoration and Cleaning uses an 8 step steam cleaning process to get your upholstery clean and to help you keep it clean. We feel that the 3 most popular reasons people clean their upholstery are for appearance, health, and to save money. You return your upholstery to the vibrantly clean condition it was when you bought it new which is also cleaner and healthier for your family. Not only is it clean, but by cleaning your upholstery, you extend the life of the fabric which protects the value and the integrity of the fibers.
Al’s Absolute Best 8-step Upholstery Cleaning Process:
- 1. We test all fabrics for color fastness and inspect the fabric condition to insure that it will respond to the cleaning. We also prepare the area for cleaning by laying out a linen dust cloth and moving surrounding furniture.
- After testing the fabric we pre-vacuum the upholstery to remove dry soil before they get wet which improves the effectiveness of cleaning solutions.
- Upon completion of vacuuming we apply a pre-conditioner to allow the detergent more time to fully suspend the soil and to help eliminate sticky residue problems, and loosens tough spots and spills.
- After the application of a pre-conditioner, we treat individual spots that we feel may not respond to the normal cleaning process by applying appropriate spot removal agents.
- We now use our powerful extraction units to extract the soil from the upholstery with a specialised hand tool which can be used even on the most delicate fabrics. By using our Professional Extraction machines we are able to insure that your upholstery is left clean and fresh with no residue to attract soil.
- After extraction we groom and set the nap of your upholstery which helps it to not only look its best, but to also restore the soft feel of many fine fabrics.
- While most upholstery cleaners consider themselves finished at this point, Al’s Absolute Best Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning goes the extra mile by setting up powerful air movers to dry the fabric more quickly which in most cases allows you to use the furniture that same day.
- Our eighth and final step is to apply a fabric protector (Scotchgard) which protects the fabric from most soiling and many spills but doesn’t affect the brightness or the feel of the fabric. This step is optional as it involves an extra cost but is recommended to protect and prolong the life of your upholstery.
Call your Colchester CT Upholstery Cleaning experts @ 860-537-1594